Monday, January 25, 2010

Glasses

Five minutes later, she responded “well, since god isn't a series of words written by omar shaban.” Those were the exact words as I just copied and pasted them from windows messenger. I think she was trying to be funny. She knew that I did not mean to say god, I meant to say good. I meant to tell her that she will be the judge of what I write. I think she would be a good judge; after all, she did study literature for the past three years or so, and she does claim to be a “grammar queen” (a self-proclaimed position that she may or may not deserve). Why am I writing this anyways? I have a lot of work to do. I have an event on Friday, a proposal due on Thursday, and some other things due on the week after. Furthermore, whatever I am writing does not flow logically. The ideas are not connected and it seems as if there is some sort of mechanical thunderstorm going in my head messing the order that my brain had created. To add insult to injury, this storm is occurring while I am listening to the tunes of Larry Carlton (the jazz player).

Anyways, back to the grammar queen. She just thanked me for sending her a picture of her signature. What a weird person? Or is she weird? Maybe I am the weird one. Why did I send her the picture anyways? Maybe I sent it so that she thanks for sending it; or maybe I wanted to be funny. I said “hahahaha…. You’re welcome” but I didn’t really laugh, but she does not know that; she’s on the other side of the screen, probably thinking about what she’s going to write in her story about the “retarded” individual that she told me about today. By the way, I put the word retarded between quotations because I personally do not like the word because while it may be an accurate description of the person in her story, the term grew to become an insult. As if it is the person’s fault for being retarded. People have forgotten that being a retard is nothing but a medical condition that is sometimes born with the person and sometimes acquired during his/her lifetime (notice how I tried to be gender natural). I bet you her story is going to be fascinating. “Her” being the grammar queen.

By the way, she wasn’t wearing make-up on her eyes today. I don’t think she should.

No comments:

Post a Comment